Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter-r-r-r-r Surprise!

We had a pretty quiet Easter, but it looks like the Easter Bunny found us anyway! We didn't do much for the Easter weekend, except consume obscene amounts of chocolate and food! Harrison spent Sat night with his Dad, having Easter dinner with their family at his Grandparents house. We went to my Aunt Colleen's for Easter brunch on Sunday and ate so much that we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day! The Easter Bunny brought Harrison a giant T-Rex chocolate that roars when you open the box...scared him the first time he opened it, then he thought it was pretty cool! He also got Peter Pan on DVD...too bad he's grounded from TV for a week!!! (maybe he'll think twice before peeing on the carpet next time!) He spent last night at my parents and is out for supper with them now before they bring him home.



I've enjoyed having the last week off work for Spring Break, but go back tomorrow. Alas...all good things must come to an end! Harrison gets two weeks off Preschool and goes back next Mon April 16th. I got some serious spring cleaning done and feel good about it, now that it's behind me! Those big jobs are like that aren't they? They loom overhead and you hate having to do them, but once they're done you feel a sense of accomplishment. I took 5 boxes of old books and toys to goodwill and cleaned out Harrison's closet and packed away all the size 3 and 4 clothes to make room for the big boy size 5 and 6 stuff. It's a hard thing for me to do for some reason. I like that he's growing and changing, but it saddens me to put away those little boy memories with each little outfit I pack, to make way for bigger kid stuff. Time for another baby!!! I've decided it is time...now or never! Hopefully it won't be long before I'm unpacking all those baby things again!

PS Well, I took a break from typing the post to have supper and watch some TV before my little man came home. It is now long past bedtime here, but I thought I'd stay up to post the video...if I can remember how! Strangely, at our house, the way we rate a good time is by how much Harrison screams and melts down at the end of a long day or weekend. He must have had a great Easter weekend, as he was in tears and laying on the floor kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs before my parents left! He has so much fun and gets so over-stimulated so easily, that his little system just can't cope and he melts down. Poor lil guy. I had to be firm, but patient, get control quick, then got him in his PJs with a big struggle and calmed him down with the promise of being rocked to sleep in my arms with his favorite Spiderman blankie! Finally worked like a charm and he's sleeping like an angel...until his usual 3am wake up routine!

Do you have a Spring Cleaning regime? Have you done yours yet? When do you usually do it? What jobs do you find tedious to do, but feel good about once done?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Vandepol said...

love the video of him being scared by his easter treat. reminds me of when coleman came to me when he was about the same age with tears in his eyes because the puppy in his cartoon was lost. so sweet (and hard not to laugh)

i can't believe you're spring cleaning so much! good job! i'm overwhelmed by just regular cleaning. just organizing count? i like that. i spring-organized my scrapbook room and am due to do the playroom later tonight.

April 10, 2007 4:26 p.m.  
Blogger caddman7 said...

Hey Jeannette,

Just thought that I would popin and check out your blog. Looks like you had a good Easter. Harrison looks like he is enjoying himself with his new dinosaur. I bet that it did not take him long to get over the dino's first roar.

I will check in later.

April 11, 2007 9:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home