Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Signs of Spring?!

There is a saying here in Alberta, that only a true Albertan can appreciate, and it goes like this..."if you don't like the weather, wait 10 mins"! How true, how true, how true! It was 14C on the plus side just yesterday, and they did promise it was going to drop below freezing overnight, with a possible chance of light flurries, but nothing serious and probably not until later in the day! This is how much snow we woke up to this morning!!! What a rude awakening!

Does this look anything like light flurries?! It took me half an hour to get to my bus, then I had to clean all the snow off of it before setting out to pick up my kids, and we were 45 mins late getting to school!!! Here is a picture of my neighbour's van with snow piled up on the top of it, to give you an idea of just how much fell overnight!

So, when we finally made it home after our very late school route, we had our work cut out for us, shoveling all that snow! It was wet and heavy, the kind that doesn't shovel very easily! It gave my arms a much needed work out, so no complaining! Luckily I had my little helper out there with his Spiderman shovel!

We tried to make a snowman, but it wasn't quite wet enough to stick together the way you need it to, to get that perfect man made of snow! So we gave up and went inside for lunch and, well....a nap! All that work makes a little guy (and a Mom!) tired you know!However, when I came home from work this afternoon, it had warmed up considerably, the sun was shining and melting the snow (remember what I said about waiting 10 mins?!) making it perfect for snowman building! Now, my only problem was that Harrison was at his wall climbing class (remember my adrenaline junkie kid?!) with his Dad, and would return too late to finish building our snow friend. Not to worry, Mom had nothing better to do, and never breaks her promises....so I got busy and finished work on H2 before H1 got home!!! I think he turned out alright, if I do say so myself! It was worth looking foolish over (a grown woman out there building a snowman all alone!) to see the look of delight on H1's face when he saw his friend standing and smiling with his friendly grin on our front lawn!
And so for now, we remain thankful that spring is still around the corner, and not completely upon us, so we can enjoy the snow for a little bit longer, and our new friend and neighbour H2, who has made himself quite at home on our front lawn!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great snowman Harrison!! I was lucky enough to see it last night. Great job!

Great update on the blog - love all the new pics!

March 14, 2007 1:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home