Saturday, March 03, 2007

Making My House A Home

As promised, here are some pictures of the things you will find hanging up on the walls in our house, making it a home. Some would say you can learn a lot about people by snooping through their medecine cabinets or their cupboards! Feel free to come over and snoop through mine anytime, but I think you would find it boring! I much prefer to pour my heart and soul into what I can't hide behind cupboard doors! I think you can learn a lot more about people's tastes and personalities by the way they choose to express themselves through their decore. I think you'll find ours a little bit country...which should come as no surprise to those of you that know me well! I love pictures of the people that mean the most to me, and enjoy framing them as art and displaying them all over the walls for everyone to see! Here is a peek into the decore around here....


The group of four pictures hanging together were taken when my girlfriend Melodie and her 2 kids were here from Australia last summer. Our time together is so limited and precious, that soon they are gone again and all we are left with are the wonderful memories of time well spent with friends we consider family. So, we went to Sears and had portraits taken of all of us, that I had framed and now hang on my living room wall so we can look at them everyday and talk about our dear friends Down Under and although we miss them dearly, we will be reunited again in Sept 2008 when we go to Australia to visit them!!! There is a picture of the 3 kids, one of her daughter Alberta and Harrison laying on their tummies with their bare feet sticking up (my fave!) a group shot of Moms and kids, and one of Melodie and I. I miss you girl and wish you were closer so we could hang out and let the kids play! Soon....



And then there are my "Cowboy" pictures! How sweet are they?! The group of three hang above my sofa table (currently against a wall, not behind the sofa!) are various pictures of Harrison with his "Cowpoke Duds" on! Gotta love that hat! I'm a sucker for a guy in a black cowboy hat! The one in the wooden frame that says "I love my cowboy" was taken last summer at his first rodeo, when he rode his first sheep! He was leaning against the fence, watching the competition, just like the "real cowboys" do...tight wranglers and all! Yikes...watch out girls!


This is also a group of pictures of my future rodeo star in his Wranglers and hat, with a sign above it that reads "Welcome Friends". Not seen in the picture, but hanging up on either side of it, in my dining room above the buffet, are a horse and cow made out of barn style wood. Maybe the sign should read "Welcome to the country"!




And here is our "Great White North" tribute, for those of you no longer living in Canada...you know who you are! It is a snowman with a sign that reads "I Love Snow"! He is hanging on what I refer to as my seasonal wall...I change the hanging decoration to match the season. I have a "Happy Harvest" wreath that hangs there in the fall, my snowman smiles all winter, only to be replaced by a bunny wreath announcing the arrival of spring with the words "Welcome Spring" written on it. I will have to find a more generic one for the summer months, since I used to hang the "Welcome Friends" one in it's place, but that one suits the "country theme" above Harrison's wall much better!

These are only a few wall hangings, but I didn't want to bore you! I hope you have enjoyed getting to know our home through us! And remember....you are all welcome to come over anytime! Maybe just not all on the same day, unless you give me lots of notice!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley said...

My parents used to say that when you finally hang something on the walls, it's time to move. That would be a reference to themselves. We lived in the house on Malcolm Place for nearly 20 years before they finally got around to hanging up art.

Personal touches do make a house your home.

March 04, 2007 8:33 a.m.  
Blogger Madame Angela Baggett said...

I love snow! Thanks for the tour ;)

March 04, 2007 9:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home