Sunday, September 03, 2006

Family Fun!


We arrived in Chilliwack BC on Thurs Aug 17 to a warm welcome at my cousin's country home! She has 3 boys ~ Coleman 9 yrs old, Riley will be 6 yrs old in Oct and baby Carson 2 yrs old. Harrison took to all those boys in no time, he jumped out of the car and was off playing before I could blink an eye! I immediately settled in too, chatting with my cousin Michelle and catching up on all the goings on in our busy lives. Before we could get too far into our chatter, my other cousin, Melissa (Michelle's younger sister) was at the door to join our cousin catch up time! My cousin Michelle is on my left in the picture and my cousin Melissa on my right, with her arm around Coleman. Soon my Dad's brother Uncle Dwight and his wife Aunt Marian came through the door with my Grandparents in tow! Hugs, kisses, smiles and giggles all around! We had such a great time, talking, laughing, sharing time together, remembering old times and creating new memories to be talked about next time we all gather together!

It was so great for Harrison to be able to spend time with his cousins and to get to know a part of his family that he doesn't see much. Here he is with Coleman in the middle and Riley on the left. Not only does he get along with them, he looks like he could be their brother!!! It's fascinating to see those family connections play out from one generation to the next. He played with the boys like he was born to be there! On Fri, Michelle babysat for her cousin's 2 kids (on the other side of her family) To add to the chaos and confusion we had 6 kids running around, adults coming and going, one dog and four chickens to contend with! Harrison had just as much fun playing with Sam the dog and feeding the chickens, as he did with all those kids! It warmed my heart to see him playing with his cousins and fitting in, finding his place and having fun. He seems so grown up to me now! We had such a great time at Michelle's hanging out and being reunited, like one big happy family!

We then spent the weekend with my Grandma and Grandpa Moore (seen in this picture with Great Grandson number 3 out of 6) at their little condo which backs onto a beautiful park in downtown Chilliwack. The park has a big fountain in the centre of a pond, full of lily pads, frogs, turtles and where many ducks and geese also call home. It was nice to be able to take Harrison right out the back door to run and play and feed the ducks bread. It allowed him the chance to blow off some steam, while allowing me the opportunity to keep my sanity, as I worried about him getting too rambunctious (I don't know how to spell that word!) if I were to keep him cooped up in a condo for too long! Those of you with boys know what I'm talking about! Here is my little man feeding the ducks at sunset. It was so nice to spend so much quality time with so much family. Too bad holidays have to end, but not without more adventures, so be sure to stay tuned....

2 Comments:

Blogger Madame Angela Baggett said...

sounds like a blast! I'm glad you took this opportunity. I hate being so far away. Mom just called and said relatives from Norway were visiting! I want to be there!

September 12, 2006 12:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back soon, we miss you already. Love Melissa

September 16, 2006 10:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home