Monday, April 23, 2007

Flames Go Up In Smoke

It was a rough ride through the playoffs, to a brutal end, but end it did! The Flames lost to the Detroit Red Wings in double overtime last night in Game 6 of the series, to be eliminated in the first round of the Playoffs. It was edge of your seat hockey, as I kept biting my finger nails and closing my eyes! I couldn't watch.....but then I couldn't not watch either!!! Our goaltending was outstanding, as he stopped over 50 shots on net last night alone, while the rest of the team just couldn't capitalize on any of their big chances. It's too bad. I guess we'll never have a playoff run like we did in 2004, when they actually made it all the way to the final, then lost in Game 7....but we won't talk about that!


As sad as I am that NHL hockey in Calgary is over for the season (our WHL Hittmen are still hangin in there in their playoff series) I will be happy to be able to get my kid to bed before 10pm. As long as hockey is on, he just won't go to bed! Last night I forced him in there, but told him he could listen to his clock radio while he fell asleep....big mistake! He stayed awake to listen to it for hockey updates, and at one point came out of his room announcing, "I heard it's tied....is it tied up Mommy? Who scored the goal? Are you sad the Red Wings scored?" How could I be mad at that?! He finally fell asleep before the end of the game, so he had to wait until this morning for the final score. I didn't want to break the news to him (especially after his first reaction in Game 1!) but was surprised at his response when I told him the Flames didn't win. He was quick to answer, "I guess they gonna be on the golf course now!" How hilarious is that?! Priceless if you ask me.....and true!!! There's always next year! (I think I said that last year too!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Madame Angela Baggett said...

good for him- glad he took it better this time.

April 24, 2007 10:15 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley said...

I guess I'm getting old. Even I didn't stay up to watch the end of all of the games.

April 25, 2007 8:19 p.m.  
Blogger Lin said...

Maybe they will do better on the golf course than on the ice rink?!

April 30, 2007 10:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home