Sunday, September 03, 2006

On Our Way Out West!




Where has the summer gone?! I thought I'd have more time to catch up on household projects, like post more entries on my blog! But, alas, I've been busier this past summer than I ever was working all winter long! It's a wonder I had any time left for work! So here it is, the first installment of our summer holiday trip to BC. Since I have several pictures to post, along with some cute videos, I'll post them over a couple of entries, according to themes! So here is the first one....

We headed out for Chilliwack BC on Tues Aug 15, knowing it would take us a couple of days to drive there we took our time. We ended up spending 2 nights in Armstrong BC, in the northern Okanagan, about half way to our destination. It's beautiful there and the weather was hot and humid. We drove the No# 1 Hwy all the way there, and stopped at a beautiful rest stop in the Thompson Canyon, as seen in these pictures. It was really hot out and Harrison enjoyed getting out of the car and being able to have a picnic at a spot with such an amazing view!

He was so good in the car, with the small exception of the first night, approaching Golden BC, where he had a meltdown as I was driving down that awful and steep hill into town. For those of you that are familiar with it, you know exactly which hill I mean, and know how hard it is to navigate without a screaming preschooler driving you to distraction, as I wound my way around mountain curve after curve, through traffic and construction, down the side of the mountain! I was near ready to turn back and head for home! However, once I reached the bottom and we pulled into town, the worst was behind us and going back only meant driving through it again, so I pressed on! All the activities I had packed and planned for him sure helped, not to mention his personal DVD player, that I suggest any tired, travelling parent never (I repeat NEVER) leave home without!!! I'd rather listen to Finding Nemo and the VeggieTales theme song one hundred times over, than a cranky kid screaming from the backseat! I was very lucky in that I managed to travel mostly during his sleepy times as well, and as long as he slept, I kept driving! I am so happy that he travelled so well! There you have the story and a few pictures of the start of our adventure. Stay tuned to read more about what we did to keep busy and to see lots of pictures of the fun we had and family we reconnected with, as we headed out west!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Angela Baggett said...

gorgeous picture! Thanks for sharing. I thought you went with your dad? I didn't think you drove it on your own? So which is it?

September 03, 2006 10:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home