Sunday, September 02, 2007

Block Party

I thought I'd include a seperate post with pictures of our block party, that was held Sat Aug 18/07. We moved to Cochrane, population 13,000 and about 20 mins west of Calgary, to escape big city life, and to raise our son in a small community, where everyone knows eachother. Not only did we choose a fabulous community, we got extremely lucky ending up on this cul-de-sac! It is full of families with small children where we all look out for eachother. It is life the way we lived it growing up and the way every childhood should be lived. Here are the pictures of the party held on Quigley Close that started out as a potluck supper and ended up wrapping up in the wee hours of the morning, several drinks later!














Here are only half of the 14 children who call the 200 block of Quigley Close home. They are a pretty cute bunch!

And the cutest Quigley kid of all! Well maybe not according to you, but I think he's pretty special!




















Adults and kids enjoying time around the fire pit that we set up on the neighbour's driveway, so the kids could roast marshmellows. It also came in handy for the adults as the night went on....stay tuned!!!

Always practise safe snacks! And that means wearing the right protective gear! Here is Harrison, roasting marshmellows with his bike helmet on. The neighbours couldn't stop laughing about it! I didn't think it was that funny....safety first I kept saying! Too much wine perhaps!?







Remember I said something about the fire and the roasted marshmellows coming in handy for the adults later in the evening!? This is where things get a little crazy! We attempted marshmellow shooters, where you roast a marshmellow just so, pull the outside off the stick, use it as a cup and pour your favorite liqueur into it and shoot it back! Yummy....especially with Bailey's or Creme de Cacao! As you can see from my neighbours' expressions....it's really hardly any fun at all!!!


There's a group of party animals, raising our little cups up and getting ready for yet another round of shooters! Bottoms up!!!


Appearantly total chaos ensues once parents have consumed a certain amount of alcohol and become more slack with the rules about bedtime! Here are the kids up way too late, running around with glow sticks one of the neighbours bought for all the kids! They had a blast! Notice Harrison still wearing his bike helmet!? What a goof! I had no idea he had it on for so long, until I looked through the pictures the next day! Oops!




Harrison and the neighbour girl, under an umbrella, even though it's not raining! I dunno...don't ask! There wasn't a lot of parental supervision going on at this point. For all I know, Harrison could be drinking beer out of that cup!!! Although, in my own weak defense, I really don't think that was the case! However, I can't be sure!

I guess at some point he finally took off his bike helmet, only to replace it with his cowboy hat! Here he is, trying to break some world record I'm sure, for most amount of marshmellows consumed by one child in one night!

I know it's late and way past my bedtime Mom, but I'm not tired. Really, I'm not! I'm going to fight sleep for as long as I can, so I can stay up even later so I don't miss any of the fun at this great party!
Just because I'm yawning, that doesn't mean I'm tired! I know it's 1 o'clock in the morning, but I'm NOT tired!
OK...maybe I'll just close my eyes for one minute....but I'm NOT going to sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home